Muffin Tin Monday is now hosted at AnotherLunch.com. Head over there to see this week's link up!

3.08.2011

How to Make a Homemade Uncrustables

What is it about Uncrustables? I think it's the cuteness factor of a circle shaped sandwich. In this post, I will show you how to make your own homemade Uncrustables to enjoy for lunch time or anytime.

You'll need a few items:





Step 1: Using your rolling pin, roll each slice of bread flat.


Step 2: Depending on the size of your cutter, place a small dollop of PB and J on one slice and cover with the other (below you will see I had room for two).


Step 3: Using the circle cutter, gently cut out a circle.


Step 4: Pinch around the edges of your sandwich, and using the table fork, make little divots in the edges.


Or after step 2, you can use the Pampered Chef Cut-n-Seal. I prefer this method, only because I already have the tool.


Tips: 
-less is more when it comes to the PB and J
-freeze them individually for a quick "on the go" lunch option.






*This is an original tutorial, however, google will show you there are a lot of the people with my same idea.  My favorite other option is Infarrantly Creative. I love how she shows you how to make seasoned croutons with the scraps of bread!

5 comments:

  1. I never have bought uncrustables, because I try to limit my little ones to whole wheat bread. If all they'll ever eat is PB&J, I try to at least make it as healthy as possible! I'm so excited at the idea of making some of my own with my own bread and ingredients. I hate dragging out everything to make PB&J everyday (they LIVE on PB&J). Thanks for the idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter has been begging for me to cut shapes out of her sandwiches- I haven't done it yet because I can't bear to waste all the leftover bread. Your kittens are so cute, though, that I guess I'll start making homemade croutons or something, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't buy uncrustables because of my daughters food allergies... I wonder if this would work with sun butter!? How far in advance do you take out of the freezer? I love the thought of freezing them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am getting over the flu, and drug myself to the store today and bought a box of Uncrustables, something the kids can get themselves why I am sick. I cringed at the price and thought as soon as I'm better, I'm figuring out how to make them. I can make them healthier too. So thank you for a very timely post for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:17 AM

    I too have a peanut allergy and I plan to try this with Sunbutter. i think it will work just fine as sunbutter has the same consistency as peanut butter.

    ReplyDelete