My kids love those red swirly peppermint candies that I use for Peppermint Bark every Christmas. What I don't love is the choking hazard they present. Enter my solution. Melt them together to form a lollipop sweet treat! These Peppermint Candy Lollipops are so simple and easy to make and the perfect addition to the Winter Holidays. You can even enlist your child's help! A bunch would make great teacher, neighbor and friend gifts or the perfect stirrer for that cup of hot cocoa or mocha coffee. Yum!
Items You'll Need:
- 1 Package Hard Circle-Shaped Peppermint Candies
- Parchment Paper (available in he baking aisle)
- 1 package short lollipop sticks (available at Michael's Crafts and Wal-mart)
- baking sheet
- and a conventional oven
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees
- Unwrap several peppermint candies from their plastic packaging
- Lay out peppermint candies on covered baking sheet
- Only bake 3-4 at a time! Otherwise they will harden before you can add the stick
- Bake for 10-12 minutes in the oven* bake until candy is slightly melted/pools a little
- Pull from oven and immediately push a lollipop stick into one end of the candies
- Allow to set for 1-2 minutes.
Tip: Use these adorable Free Christmas printable from Living Locurto along with your sweet treats!
Enjoy your Peppermint Candy Lollipop!
A special thank you to Smart and Final who provide with me with the funds to purchase the peppermint candies among other awesome goodies to for holiday baking...more to come soon!