Muffin Tin Monday is now hosted at AnotherLunch.com. Head over there to see this week's link up!

12.08.2010

Make Your Own Peppermint Candy Lollipop


My kids love those red swirly peppermint candies that I use for Peppermint Bark every Christmas. What I don't love is the choking hazard they present. Enter my solution. Melt them together to form a lollipop sweet treat! These Peppermint Candy Lollipops are so simple and easy to make and the perfect addition to the Winter Holidays. You can even enlist your child's help! A bunch would make great teacher, neighbor and friend gifts or the perfect stirrer for that cup of hot cocoa or mocha coffee. Yum!

Items You'll Need:
  • 1 Package Hard Circle-Shaped Peppermint Candies
  • Parchment Paper (available in he baking aisle)
  • 1 package short lollipop sticks (available at Michael's Crafts and Wal-mart)
  • baking sheet
  • and a conventional oven
Directions:
  • Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper
  • Preheat the oven to 275 degrees
  • Unwrap several peppermint candies from their plastic packaging
  • Lay out peppermint candies on covered baking sheet
  • Only bake 3-4 at a time! Otherwise they will harden before you can add the stick
  • Bake for 10-12 minutes in the oven* bake until candy is slightly melted/pools a little
  • Pull from oven and immediately push a lollipop stick into one end of the candies
  • Allow to set for 1-2 minutes.
Tip: Use these adorable Free Christmas printable from Living Locurto along with your sweet treats!




Enjoy your Peppermint Candy Lollipop!


A special thank you to Smart and Final who provide with me with the funds to purchase the peppermint candies among other awesome goodies to for holiday baking...more to come soon!

28 comments:

  1. I adore this idea! I believe the kiddos in my Sunday School class will be receiving these as part of their Christmas gift this year...

    THANK YOU for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do this for Valentine's Day with candy canes - put two of them together to make a heart and add the lolipop stick. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! And so simple. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so stinkin smart and creative, I love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great idea!!! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this idea! I even posted it on my facebook page, hope you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is FANTASTIC!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea. The way they stack up makes them extra interesting, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  9. that looks great! in some coffee or hot cocoa :) you're so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you thank you so much for sharing this fun and easy idea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea! Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So great. Can you tell me how hot to the touch the candy gets? Is it an adult only project or can my 10 year old help with these?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amber, my 5 and 6 year old helped lay the candies out on the tray, an older child, like your 10 year old - can help push the lollipop stick into the candies. I never touched the candies until they were completely cooled. I used a hot pan holder to hold the tray still while I eased the sticks in. It only takes a few minutes for them to cool. When I tried to do more than 3-4 at a time, by the time I got to the 5th one, it had already hardened!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it! (I did something like this with jolly ranchers, too, but these look much cooooooler). I posted a link on ediblecrafts.craftgossip.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun idea, I know my kids would love to make these!

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh my goodness. i love it. my kids LOVE LOVE LOVE lollipops and candy canes, so this is the perfect match! Thanks for the post. I will make these pronto!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, this is so clever!! What a fun stir stick for hot chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful. This would make a wonderful addition to snowman soup. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I tried these several times and either over melted them, had them too close together or they dragged through each other. Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Shannan, try lowering the oven temp to 225 or 250

    or set a timer for 5 minutes, and check them at 1 minute intervals to see if they are ready.

    and when I put them in the oven, I put them so close together, they were touching.

    hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  21. i'm wondering if you've had luck with a specific brand of candies. the ones i'm trying to use flatten way out, and the red is separating from the white... they look like little suns! cute, but not the look i'm going for!

    ReplyDelete
  22. queenvanna,

    I bought mine at Smart & Final (Smart Co.)here on the west coast and it helped to set the oven on a low temp first and increase if needed.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is such a cute idea!! They would be perfect for the kid's Christmas party I am having on Thursday!
    THanks!

    ReplyDelete
  24. We made these and served them at our Church Christmas program. They were a hit! People wanted to know where we bought them. ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi,
    Thank you so much for linking up to us in the last FaveCrafts Blog Hop. Your project is great and we really appreciate you participating. Your project will be featured in a special issue of the FaveCrafts newsletter (tomorrow), which goes out to 850,000+ readers. Be sure you participate in the next blog hop on January 15th.

    Thanks again,
    Christine, Editor of FaveCrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Brilliant idea! And they look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  27. ok, I made these and my kids LOVED them. I even sent them tucked inside Christmas cookie packages. These are great! Can't say enough about how fun they are.

    ReplyDelete
  28. How did I miss these on the first go-round? Tsk tsk on me! Love the idea!

    ReplyDelete