Add a twist to the traditional game of memory match-up game gets a using family photos! Use a deck of playing cards from the dollar store as an easy backing. I made this simple and creative game in about 20 minutes using a only a few supplies.
- A deck of cards from the dollar store (The Dollar Tree to be exact).
- Glue Stick
- Small paper cutter or scissors
- Pre-printed photos at home from my HP Touchsmart Web Printer
- Print out 2 sets of photos of your choosing. (I printed mine on 4x6 photo paper "wallet size" - they came out 2 per 4x6 sheet. hint: I use Picasa free photo software.)
- Cut them to size: 2 1/4 x 3 1/4
- Using your glue stick, adhere them to the face of the playing cards, one by one.
Enjoy and play! It's that simple!
Tips, Hints and Tricks:
- Works great as a gift (ahem, mother's day) for families and friends who live far away.
- Might be a great way to commemorate a family vacation.
- Would be a fun "dining out only" game to take to restaurants
- For toddlers: print out a single set to use for helping baby become familiar with family and friends.
- I printed my photos at home. I can't recommend it enough. It has changed the way I craft and create. But. it's not required for this project.