Muffin Tin Monday is now hosted at AnotherLunch.com. Head over there to see this week's link up!

8.31.2009

Mod Podge Wood Photo Blocks



I mentioned in my Muffin Tin Monday post this week that I am cuh-razy tired after helping to throw a baby shower this past weekend. Soooo, this week while I am resting up a little and prepping for my two kidlets for their first day of school, I thought I would share with you, all of the super fun decorations ( I even have a craft fail to share!) and a few gratuitous shots of the baby (who was born early!).
First up is a set of Wood Photo Blocks I made for the baby.
Aren't just the sweetest thing! We doubled some of the baby shower decor to work as nursery decor and I just love how they came out!
I cut photos and scrapbook paper to 3 1/2 inches to match the blocks. I worked one square and one cube at a time, brushing on the mod podge, adhering the photo and then another coat of mod podge. Before the top coat of mod podge I cut out some lettering and adhered it to the blocks, spelling out baby's name.
Here's a shot of the photo sides (there were two photos on each block)
Here's the opposite side from the photo. The nursery theme is polka dots.
Later, when the baby is older and not prone to sticking things in her mouth, she can play with them. But, for now, they will sit happily on a shelf in the nursery.
Other moms inspired this idea! Please check out Personalized Color Blocks by Chasing Cheerios and Photo Cubes by Make and Takes for more crafting with blocks!
This post is also part of This is the Year's Mod Podge Mania
Oh! and yes, Mom...I will be making these for Baby Ro too!

18 comments:

  1. That's real' cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE these Michelle!! I should make these for Jesse!!

    I love Mod Podge too. Going to check out Mod Podge mania.

    Love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did you get the blocks? Great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where did you get the blocks?

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are sooo cute! I love 'em. Hmmm, now should I have another baby so I can make some?...

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got the blocks at Michael's Arts and Crafts in the woodcraft section. They also sell 2 inch ones!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so cute. Such a fun way to show off children.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely LOVE these!! Thanks so much for posting with directions, I think I'll have to try it out myself. =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So so sweet! i love how these turned out.

    ~Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous gift idea! I made blocks (smaller than these) as decoration for my craft room, but I love, love, love that you added pictures on these as keepsakes, too. I see a great gift idea for future baby showers!

    Obviously never made it back for MTM...I just couldn't think of anything!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea!! I want to make these for both Emily and Juliette for their rooms. SO much fun...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. hey michelle these came out adorable.. ive been wanting to try it but i cant find blocks anywhere

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG, these are wonderfully fantastic!! You are too, too smart and crafty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those are so cute. Such a clever idea! Cute baby also!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those are way cute! Do you mind telling me where you got those blocks? Or did you cut them yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for linking up to the Everything Nice Link Party!

    madincrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete