6.04.2009

My Favorite ABC Song : Alphabet Song by Barbara Milne

After awhile most ABC songs can sound alike and get very...well, let's just be honest, annoying. And as a preschool teacher, I have heard quite a few ABC songs! However, one in particular, Alphabet Song, by Barbara Milne is by far my favorite. Her lilting voice is perfect for babies, toddlers, preschoolers and even their parents! I love it. I could listen to it over and over and not get tired of hearing it and signing along! Barbara is an accomplished singer-songwriter with a background in children's music and early childhood education. Alphabet Song is part of a CD called Sounds Like Fun created for Discovery Toys and is available for purchase through both Discovery Toys and Tender Learning Concepts. She has other songs I love, such as Counting 1-30 & I Love You So Much. A video of Alphabet Song is available via Barbara's YouTube channel and highly recommend checking it out (psst...have your kidlet join you!).

8 comments:

  1. Michelle, this is so timely with what we're doing on ABC & 123, you should link up. I know everyone there would love to hear it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We LOVE this CD. We had the tape when my oldest son was little, and the kids got the CD this year for Christmas. I think it not only is helping them learn their letter sounds - it helped my 8 year old, and now my 2 year old learn to talk in general. We were listening to it once when my grandma was in the car, and she commented that it was so lovely and peaceful, she could listen to it all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My son learned this song this year in preschool along with all the signs for the words and letters that go with it. I LOVE IT! Your right you don't get sick of it ( which is a good thing because I heard it everyday!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this song.I showed it to my 3 year old and she loved singing along and my 1 year old was dancing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was great! I just started to listen to a few letters before I turned it off. Then the kids (who were under the table) said, "Hey we were listening to that!". They were hooked after the letter B.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bought that CD from hosting a DT party when DS was maybe 2 or 3. He used to listen to it at bedtime, and most nights he would ask me to stay and sing along with that alphabet song. Two other great songs from that CD are the months of the year song and the one for counting by 10's. I'm too lazy to get up and search for the CD and actual names of the songs, but they were great for teaching DS these facts before most other kids would know them. We still sing the months song when he is trying to remember the order of the months in the year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for sharing this with us- my little one loves the video! i will look into the CD... THANKS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for linking up with the fun ABC song.

    ReplyDelete