5.11.2009

Muffin Tin Monday - Theme: Children's Literature (2nd Edition)

Muffin Tin Monday is a weekly blog carnival (here at HCO) of mommies, daddies, and caregivers who serve one meal a week (or more:) ) in a muffin tin! We post submissions (via Mr. Linky) every Monday and enjoy sharing and encouraging each with simple and fun muffin tin meals. To submit your muffin tin, just add your blog post's URL in the form below. If you don't have a blog, post it to the Muffin Tin Meals Flickr Group. We try and do themes several times a month - so come join us! And remember, as always, you can be as basic or as detailed as you want!



Now, on to my terrible photos of our "Princess and the Pea" muffin tin meal!






(clementines and pretzels{fire by which the princess warms herself}, Turkey Sandwichs {matresses}, Peas, and Cheese {shaped like crowns}




Below is a page from the book as I read to them over dinner...



For fun, we put a pea inside our "matress" sandwich. Little Miss put a "crown" slice of cheese on top to represent the Princess Annasara sleeping on top.

We had so much fun! What children's book, story, or poem did you choose for this week's Muffin tin Monday Theme? Share it with us by entering your link in the form below!


20 comments:

  1. not quite as classical as your but fun all the same!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally adorable! I love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Muffin Tin Theme!! You are so creative :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh WOW Michelle that's so clever! I love your book themed tin!!! The pea in the turkey sandwich and the fire are great!

    Recovered from the dentist? Hope so and that you could enjoy your Mother's Day! I bet your readers loved the Family Fun magazine giveaway, that was such a nice thing for you to do.

    I just renewed and got a two year subscription for my birthday or I'd have signed up. There is just something about having a paper version. I love the computer and all the information the Internet brings to me, but DON'T mess with my magazines☺

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the sandwich! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very creative! I've been reading about these at A Mommy's Adventures. . . I may give it a try one of these days. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute. We really enjoyed this theme.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the pea in the mattress, too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Princes in the Pea....Very cute! We did 'same,same' this week...I wasn't paying attention to the theme. :)
    http://annielook.blogspot.com/2009/05/muffin-tin-monday.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. This really was a great theme! I'd like to see it come around again :-)

    The themes are my favorite! The themed weeks are really the only ones I feel motivated enough to participate in. I love how you have all the upcoming ones posted right at the top of your blog. It makes it really easy to keep track of!

    Loved the princess and the pea thing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We LOVED today's theme. Thanks once again for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This was our first time participating and we had a lot of fun; thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the layered sandwich for the princess and the pea! How cute! As always, you made an adorable tin, and a fun memory. :)

    Val

    ReplyDelete
  14. We were thinking about doing that story ... at one point in time ... I love it, what a fun dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. We're so excited to be back for MTM! Our little one was born on the 20th and had to spend sometime in the NICU...so we were a bit overwhelmed. But we're excited to be up and running again! We can't wait to use our new muffin tin next week! Thanks for helping us start a wonderful tradition!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Better late than never! We had to do Muffin Tin Tuesday, we were out all day yesterday, but the kids would not let us skip a week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. How fun! what a great and fun idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your tin is adorable and tasty!

    I missed out this week. I think I'll do the children's book theme next week when everyone gets to pick their own theme.

    I'm in love with everyone's tins this week!

    ReplyDelete