4.27.2009

Muffin Tin Monday - Theme: Under The Sea

Muffin Tin Monday is a weekly blog gathering (here at HCO) of mommies, daddies, and caregivers who serve one meal a week (or more:) ) in a muffin tin! We post submissions (here) every Monday and enjoy sharing and encouraging each with simple and fun muffin tin meals. To submit your muffin tin, just add your blog post's URL in the form below. If you don't have a blog, post it to the Muffin Tin Meals Flickr Group. We try and do themes several times a month - so come join us! And remember, as always, you can be as basic or as detailed as you want!


We went "deep sea fishing" for our Muffin Tin Monday. We had an afternoon snack for our "meal". Now, I am sure you can't find clams, starfish and plankton fishing in the deep sea- but we pretended it was so! Using our pretzels as "fishing rods", we dipped the rod in the peanut butter "bait" and then chose between "starfish", "blue clams", "plankton" (I called them shrimp, but the kids didn't like that) and fishies. My daughter even made up a song about it and I included it for your viewing pleasure!


Best. Muffin. Tin. Meal. Ever.


Simply for the fact that the kids had so much fun! My son said to me as he got up from the table, "Mommy, that was fun!"

video

Did you make a muffin tin meal this week? Was it "ocean" themed? Won't you share it with us? Just enter the URL in the Mr. Linky form below! Can't wait to see what everyone has come up with...I am thinking of taking a break for about a month from the themes in June, we'll see...



18 comments:

  1. this was a fun one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fishing idea - how clever!!

    Libby

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute, I'm glad they had so much fun!!

    Don't take a break, we LOVE MTM. Well even if you did, we'd still have to do them here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun idea! I love that you guys went "fishing". I love the "plankton" too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is super cute! I love that they loved it so much. It is a beautiful and colorful tin too. :) Being at least 3 hours behind everyone here so far, ours will be later. ;)

    Val

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fun! We've done the fishing with peanut butter before but sprinkles oh my girls would love that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really cute! I like the idea of going fishing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great theme! I had fun with this one! Thanks, Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seriously, that was so cute and clever ... I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was our first time doing a muffin tin theme, and we had a lot of fun with it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not sure how... but I somehow posted this week's to last week's My Linky. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've enjoyed all the fun ideas I've gotten from the meals so far. Great theme.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This was my first MTM to document and post pics of. We loved the theme and had a great time creating our muffin tin meal today. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have to know! Where did you get that muffin tin! That is great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OK, now that I have posted mine, I can't wait to see what everyone came up with! My kids fished, too, though that wasn't part of the meal I had planned!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think I'm going to have to go in on MTM! It sounds like fun! My kiddos will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So much fun! And I have it all - I'm doing this tomorrow to break up our afternoon. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my goodness!! You had the cutest idea!!! I had to do yours on Tuesday! And, I sent a little snack with pretzels and Swedish fish and p.butter to school for my oldest's party! :) So adorable!

    ReplyDelete