4.29.2009

How to Make a Portable Snack Box




When I came across Ann's fantastic snack box idea, I knew I had to post about here and inspire you all to go make one of your very own! Ann is a homeschooling mom and spectacular crafter. She is also an amazing photographer as seen here in one of her many collages of Flickr:


She has an Etsy shop, Harvetmoonbyhand, worth a look where she sells among other things, adorable felt food and incredible paper stars!
I made my own snack box after seeing hers, and it was not only fun to make, but super fun to eat! I purchased a jewelry/bead organizer from Wal-mart for around $3 and then fillded each compartment with assorted snacky foods and treats. The lid snaps shut to lock in, ahem, freshness. We tried to save it for a trip to the park, but the kidlets desperately wanted it for dessert of all things, and to share it with their cousins. Wouldn't one of these be so cute as a gift...wrapped with a bow and a cute tag? You could fill it with nuts, assorted popped corn or for the candy lover...(drool) all sorts of sweets!


top row: almonds, smarties, starfish crackers, popcorn, jellybeans
2nd row: popcorn, craisins, maple and brown sugar granola, frosted flakes, sunflower seeds
3rd row: frosted flakes, jelly beans, starfish crackers, smarties, popcorn
bottom row: rainbow fish crackers, sunflower seeds, granola, craisins
Stop by Ann's Flicr photostream and her Etsy shop to see who this amazing idea came from! Thanks to Ann for allowing me to post her gorgeous photos!

12 comments:

  1. this is a great idea! Maybe would be good for trying to new foods too! LOVE it and will do it ASAP, I might even have one of those full of beads somewhere. HUGS, Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! When did your love for adorable food start? Mine started right here with muffin tin Monday. How did muffin tin Monday start?

    ReplyDelete
  3. great idea!!! thank you for show!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! I cannot wait to try that on our next outing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is the best idea evvver! Thanks for posting about it, I think I have one of these boxes in my closet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is adorable! I'm going to save that idea for when we have our next car trip.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This will be super cute for our vacation next month! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. VERY clever -- and what a great gift idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a cute idea... would be fun to share with friends at the park...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a fun idea- I have a few of these containers to use too- I may have to share this one- great idea! Thanks for sharing it :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh, looks good. I'm wondering if this could be a car-trip saver - or would it end up all over the floor?? Hard to say with my two! Love the presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This container may not be made of food-safe plastic. I love the presentation, but am hesitant to make one.

    ReplyDelete