2.11.2009

Yogurt Cup Felt Animals





So, here's what I did with a few of the yogurt cups we saved! I am saving some of the others for containers for paint, and collage pieces just as you suggested with your comments. But I want to do something that actually used the cup in the art! Aren't they adorable? I made the kitten first and did not take photos (silly me!), so we made a puppy to show you how to make one yourself! The kids helped with all the gluing. But this would be a blast with older kids, ad they could probably design and create their own!


How To Make a Yogurt Cup Animal


First Gather Your Supplies:

-Empty Yogurt Cup
-Various Colors of Felt (for the dog, black, white, and a snippet of red)
-Glue (tacky glue works great, but for a more secure finish-try hot glue)
-Scissors
-Googlie Eyes (small/medium size)
-Small Pom-Pom for a nose!

Directions:


1. Start with an empty, (washed and dried) yogurt cup. Turn in upside down.

2. Measure your cups perimeter and cut one long piece of felt to go around the entire outside. This will be the animals main color- so, for our dalmatian puppy, we chose white. Because I was working with small children, I also guesstimated and cut out ahead of time, the spots, ears, mouth, & tongue.

3. Next, glue the large piece of felt to the yogurt cup


4. Then glue on your spots, eyes, mouth (two small thin pieces of felt) and tongue



It should look something like this...


5. Glue on your ears. I made mine double thick for stability, but it's your choice! I also trimmed down my original ear design(see below). I also ended up using hot glue for the ears after much trial and error.

6. Lastly, don't forget a nose!
If time allows, make him a kitten to chase around...

11 comments:

  1. LOVE it. sooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just lovely. Great idea. I love your ideas and have been following your blog ever since I found it but I am not sure how I found you so I can't give credit where its due. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have an award for you on my blog!
    http://just4funwithsandy.blogspot.com/2009/02/im-blushing.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! These are so cute! You know how I've been posting a bunch of stuff about my puppy nursery? I'm sure that it needs some yogurt cup puppies! My son and daughter are actually sharing a room now. Blue puppies on his side, pink kittens on hers. Thanks for the great idea! When I make and post them, I'll be sure to let you know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! My daughter would LOVE these...I'm so hanging on to my yogurt cups!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How amazingly cute! We were just eating yogurt and I came across your blog. 20 minutes later, we had our own set! And thank you so much, this was our very first real craft I've done with my daughter as a family. :)

    http://satorismiles.com/2009/02/28/a-crafty-morning-with-the-family/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous4:34 AM

    My Girl friend just broke up with me and I have uploaded every nude PIC I have of her to the net. Just go to http://www.gf4free.com/members/surferdude23/ Enjoy!

    [url=http://www.gf4free.com/members/surferdude23/][img]http://www.gf4free.com/members/surferdude23/uploads/9.jpg[/img][/url]

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are just so cute! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete