1.29.2009

Candy Coated Oreos


For a yummy treat for Valentines day (or any day really) try these super simple Candy Coated Oreos! It's a treat that is sure to please everyone from your child's teacher, a grandparent or even your or your husband's co-workers.

Gather your goodies:

1 package oreo cookies (might be cute int he mini size too!)
1 package candy melting bars in vanilla flavor (we used candiquik)
assorted sprinkles, mini candies, or squeezable frosting
cookie sheet
wax paper

(we did not use the kissables, they were too big)




Directions:


Step 1:

lay out enough wax paper to cover your cookie sheet

melt the candy in the microwave according to the directions on the package
have your oreos and your candy to side of your cookie sheet





Step 2: Dip your Oreo half way through the melted candy


Step3: Lay the dipped cookie on the wax paper covered cookie sheet.



Step 4: While stile wet, sprinkle the cookie with candy sprinkles, mini m & ms, or...you can draw a little heart with frosting. I left some plain too!





ENJOY!

15 comments:

  1. I love those! And I have all the ingredients - even better! We'll be doing these for sure. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so cute1 Maybe I can do those for my daughter's preschool class:0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look yummy and what a great idea, the kids will love them! Can't wait to try them.. also easy enough to make with the kids. Where did you find the vanilla coating?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful idea! I wanna try that at Christmas time too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delicious! I especially love the way you put a heart on them. I'm all about those little touches that make it extra special.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great idea! I just found your blog and love the ideas you share.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy Idea! I know just the person that would love these!

    God Bless You and Yours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute and how simple! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a great idea!
    Delicious!
    Jorgelina from Argentina.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so cute!!! This is perfect for my son's teacher! Thank you for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these!!! I am into dipping everything and anything in chocolage! I just found your site. Too cute.

    www.nofussfabulous.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those look delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can you use white chocolate instead?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can you use white chocolate instead?

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute and simple. Love it!

    ReplyDelete